Ranger

Ranger

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Doing my own learning

There was some leftover breakfast that I decided to use for training food. I signed class and went to the class area. I signed that is food and gave Ranger his reward. Then I held the other food and waited to see what he'd do. He lifted his right paw. I did nothing but realized later that I should have handed him the toy I had sitting there. When he lifted his left paw I gave him his reward. It's going to take me awhile to get the hang of all this. And I really do need to take more time to plan the lessons and not just try to wing it.

Today was not a productive day. My head wasn't in the game. Note to self: don't try to teach anything when you're sleep deprived; you make too many mistakes and miss too many opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment